Zambezi River Authority is seeking highly motivated, suitably qualified and experienced Zimbabwean nationals to fill the vacancies in a newly created Projects Section under the Projects and Dam Safety Department to be based in Kariba, Zimbabwe. The employees under the Projects Section will immediately be assigned to the Kariba Dam Rehabilitation Project.
Position Purpose / Summary:
Under the supervision of the Senior Manager – Projects, the Manager – Environment will ensure consistent and effective management of the environmental and social impact assessments for projects.
1. Reviewing and updating of environmental and social impact assessment reports.
2. Obtaining, updating and maintaining plans, permits and standard operating procedures.
3. Providing administrative support for projects by collecting data and providing project documentation.
4. Developing proposed project objectives and targets and reporting to Senior Manager – Projects on progress.
5. Serving as liaison with government environmental and other agencies.
6. Developing and presenting environmental compliance action plans.
7. Developing , writing , and revising quality assurance documentation and procedures.
8. Developing and managing the implementation of environmental management systems.
9. Attending to the environmental impacts of construction projects.
10. Preparing , reviewing and updating environmental investigation reports.
11. Designing projects leading to environmental protection.
12. Providing technical support for environmental remediation projects and legal actions.
13. Analyzing scientific data and effecting quality-control checks.
14. Carrying out audits for enhancement of environmental programs.
15. Monitoring the implementation of ESMP and RAP.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Studies or equivalent
- Relevant Post Graduate in Projects Management
- Membership of a Professional Body
- 6 years of relevant experience of which at least 5 years should relate to project execution
Other key attributes
- Leadership skills
- Strategic thinking and planning skills
- Decision making skills
- Operational effectiveness
- Influence and interpersonal effectiveness
- Effective communication
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Fixed Term Renewable Contract
Written application letters together with detailed CVs and certified photocopies of academic & professional certificates should be forwarded to:
The Senior Manager - Human Resource and Administration,
Zambezi River Authority,
Club Chambers, Nelson Mandela Avenue,
P O Box 630
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIVING APPLICATIONS WILL BE APRIL 24, 2017
(ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED)