Zambezi River Authority is seeking highly motivated, suitably qualified and experienced Zambian nationals to fill vacancies in Dam Safety and Projects Sections under the Projects and Dam Safety Department to be based in Kariba, Zimbabwe.
The Scheduling and Planning Engineer position will be under the Projects Section. The employee will immediately be assigned to the Kariba Dam Rehabilitation Project.
Position Purpose / Summary:
Under the supervision of the Senior Manager – Projects, the Scheduling and Planning Engineer will ensure pre-construction and operations support through effective preparation, monitoring and updating of schedules and by providing planning services.
1. Preparing, updating and analyzing detailed project schedules for active projects.
2. Contributing to the development of working schedules for pre-construction prior to the bid submission date for tenders, that sufficiently illustrates the sequence of work activities and contract time.
3. Providing information as needed on the content, modification or presentation of project schedules.
4. Maintaining the master schedule for each project and identifying and recording the impact of work performed and not performed as scheduled.
5. Understanding and guiding the project team on proper construction sequencing, activity durations and typical project constraints that may adversely affect construction activities and schedules.
6. Interfacing with operations, owner and subcontractors to discuss the impact of work on the schedule and serve as technical advisor for the resolution of problems.
7. Assisting the project team in the development and management of the project schedule, continuously analyzing the schedule and offering alternative recovery schedules as required.
8. Incorporating delay impacts into all project schedules as required.
9. Reporting project delays and all issues impacting project performance to the Senior Manager – Projects
10. Assisting the project team in creating look-ahead schedules to determine the impact on the master schedule and help formulate corrective actions.
11. Undertaking constant analysis of the critical path activities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Relevant Post Graduate qualification in Project Management as added advantage
- Membership of a Professional Body
- 6 years of relevant experience of which at least 5 years should relate to project execution
Other key attributes
- Leadership skills
- Strategic thinking and planning skills
- Decision making skills
- Operational effectiveness
- Influence and interpersonal effectiveness
- Effective communication
Written application letters together with detailed CVs and certified photocopies of academic & professional certificates should be forwarded to:
The Senior Manager - Human Resource and Administration,
Zambezi River Authority,
Head Office, Kariba House, 32 Cha Cha Cha Road,
P.O Box 30233
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIVING APPLICATIONS WILL BE APRIL 24, 2017
(ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED)